Welcome to SSVA! We are so glad you have chosen to join us and look forward to guiding you along our educational and inspiring path to professional development.
During your first 2 weeks, you are in training. You will assigned a combination of classroom and online education along with training shifts in the program (s) you have been hired for. By the end of your first 2 weeks at SSVA you should have successfully completed the following:
- SSVA Orientation (Classroom)
- Direct Support Professional Orientation (Blended Learning)
- Computer Basics (Classroom)
- Adult CPR / First Aid and Infection Control (Blended Learning)
- SSVA Policies and Procedures (Online)
- Human Rights Training (Online)
- Home and Community Based Rights Training (Online)
- Emergency Preparedness (Online)
- Minimum of 3 on the job training shifts - O.J.T overview training (on-line)
Course will provide participants with information regarding Individual Rights under the HCBS Setting Requirements.
HCBS Settings Requirements Final Rule:
What it Does - According to CMS, the rule is meant to ensure that Medicaid's home and community-based services programs in residential and non-residential settings provide full access to the benefits of community living and offer services in the most integrated settings.
Orientation to SSVA and Paylocity Training.
This blended course combines award-winning, engaging and interactive online simulation learning plus an in-person classroom session to learn and practice critical lifesaving skills for certification.
NOTE: You have been sent an scomm indicating when you must attend your in-person classroom skills session. You must attend this in-person skill session to become certified. Your online course must be completed prior to your scheduled skill session.
This is Support Services of Virginia's online Policy training for DSP's, Students and Volunteers.
This is a five part training series that will allow you to gain competency in Human Rights. Your Human rights certification is good for 1 year.